Tuesday 15 May 2012

Thing 2 - Commenting? Surely Not?!

I've always been such a lurker when it comes to blogs, message boards or anything web-related with the option to comment. Like many who aren't natural to blogging, I would constantly ask myself - why would anyone want to read my opinion? As a result, the closest I'd gotten to posting comments on the net was to answer some movie related questions on the IMDB. Not anymore!

One of the reasons I decided to follow this course was to improve my confidence and to get involved. The fact that the blogs I'm visiting are part of this community certainly makes it easier, so I don't think I have to worry about starting any flame wars! I must confess that I've been drawn to blogs with quirky names, which makes me wonder if I should have put more thought into my own blog title. That's probably Marketing 101.

So I've taken the plunge and commented on some of the blogs that caught my interest. I had expected to maybe just run in, say hi, and run back out, but it doesn't take long to see how much diversity is out there - far too fascinating just to say hi! I think it's going to be a great way to speak to people I would never have the chance to otherwise and find out about the information world beyond academic libraries.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,commenting is hard isn't it? I find that I feel almost like I am intruding on someone elses space when it isn't someone I know. I hope we all get better at sharing. I have enjoyed your posts so far, and will admit that I am here because having seen so many people say they were drawn to the blogs with quirky titles, I am going out of my way to not make those my first choices for exploration. Hope you enjoy the rest of the things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christinalbr! I've certainly found that being part of a focussed community like this one has helped in my first foray into blogging and commenting. There's so much support and enthusiasm out there, so I'm very motivated to stay involved. I'm also very pleasantly surprised that my quirk-free blog title actually managed to be a selling point of sorts! Thanks for the comments and best wishes for the next 21 things :)

    ReplyDelete